Careers at Blue Streak
CDL Dump Truck Driver Class A or B
Working Hours: 1st Shift Range from 6:30am - 4 pm
Working Hours: 3rd Shift Range from 7pm – 6am
Drives truck equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, coal, or bituminous paving materials by performing the following duties.
- Drives truck to destination.
- Pulls levers or turns crank to tilt body and dump contents.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, water and all fluids and performs pre and post trip inspections.
- Responsible for the condition of their vehicle. For example, keeps truck clean and in good working order.
- Inspects material to ensure it has been loaded correctly and is secure
- Maintains driver log according to company policies and procedures.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Employee must have license and documents to drive a Commercial Motor Vehicle. Must have a current DOT Medical Exam (Health Card).
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Knowledge and understanding of all DOT rules and regulations. General knowledge of truck maintenance.
- Must be able to pass company pre-trip and road test.
- Must have a clean driving record. (MVR)
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED)
- Must be able to pass background check
- Two years driving experience
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, and be subject to random drug and/or alcohol tests,
- Demonstrated ability to drive a manual stick shift